About the Location
Santorini or Thira, is a volcanic island in the Cyclades belonging to Greece. It is famous for its superb landscapes, for its surprising sunsets from the city of Oia, for its strange white eggplants. The city of Thira, its capital, is also remarkable, as well as its still active volcano. There are also superb beaches such as the black sand beach of Kamari.
- Fira’s taxi stand located around the corner from the bus station.
- A taxi from the port of Athinios to Fira costs €10 to €15,
- A trip from Fira to Oia about €15.
- Expect to add €2 if the taxi is booked ahead or if you have luggage.
- A taxi to Kamari is about €15, to Perissa €18 and to Ancient Thira about €25 one way.
Santorini Transport is a good option for arranging fixed-price transfers to/from the airport or Athinios port.